Friday, May 2, 2008

I made it alive!!! Grand Cayman Day one

Well it was a really uneventful trip to Grand Cayman. I got on the plane in Las Vegas at 10:05 pm which is the red eye. I arrived in New York at 5:25 am and had a lay over until 9:25. I was so tired. The plane from New York ended up being grounded for over two hours so we didn't end up leaving until after 11:30 est. They made us sit on the plane the entire time so it ended up being almost six hours. When I finally got into the airport, a couple of students were there to pick me and we went to my apartment in the Residence Hall. Its not too bad. My roomate is from Texas and is going to the Vet school here. His family is here with him and they took us out to dinner at the Warf which is located right on the beach. I had the Agulha (Swordfish). They made it island style, which is a little spicy with sauteed onions, peppers and mushrooms. It was served over rice and steamed vegetables. Probably the best fish I have ever had.

It was fun to watch the sun go down and see the pirate ships giving tours.

View from table at the Warf



They also fee the Tarpons from the resturant. They are anywhere from 3 ft to 6 feet in length.



1 comment:

Brenden, Lorie and Our Girls said...

wow...we hope you are doing well. sorry we weren't able to talk to you before you left. nice pics.